Some tinkering I’ve been up to recently

I’m working on building a system to measure the water level in my rain water tanks.  Finally today I’ve managed to get my hardware all working, and now I need to build the physical measurement device.  Originally I was going to use ultra-sound to measure the depth of the water but I decided that was a bit too fiddly.  Then I considered using some sort of pressure sensor, but they are a bit on the expensive side.  Finally I came up with the idea of using a variable resistor attached to an arm with a float on the end.  This seems like the easiest and above all the cheapest way to get what I want 🙂

It should be interesting to see how it all comes together 🙂
 

2 Replies to “Some tinkering I’ve been up to recently”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.