I’ve been having a bit of a play with Adobe’s Flex 2 command line compiler. After doing a quick search around the net I found a couple of hints for using it with TextMate. Unfortunately none of them did quite what I wanted, so I built my own. Hopefully it will be useful for others 🙂
It adds a new language type for mxml files, a few snippets with mx as the tab trigger and a build command bound to Command-B.Â By default it looks for your Flex install in the following places
Any errors or warnings are displayed in the output window and a click will take you to where the problem is.
Once your Flex app is building successfully it will be opened in Safari, or if you have a script called deploy in the same folder as your mxml file it will be executed instead.