Daniel's Stuff

I write code

Month: January 2006

Colourized entries

    I went to all the trouble of adding code to allow for different fonts and colours and such. I tested it on my local machine against WordPress 1.5x and it all worked perfectly. Then I tried to make a post here where I’m running WordPress 2.0 and found that it stripped out all the lovely colours. 
 
    After a bit of poking about on the net I found that this is a bug in the 2.0 WordPress code base and as since been fixed in the 2.0.1 release. So after a quick update of the code…. Here we are. 
 
// 
// BlogAPI.h 
// BlogThing 
// 
// Created by Daniel Parnell on 28/01/06. 
// Copyright 2006 Automagic Software. All rights reserved. 
// 
 
#import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h> 
 
 
@interface BlogAPI : NSObject
    
NSURL* url; 
    
NSString* username; 
    
NSString* password; 

 
+ (BlogAPI*)
blogAPIWithURL:(NSURL*)aURL username:(NSString*)aUsername andPassword:(NSString*)aPassword; 
+ (
NSString*) describeBlogError:(NSDictionary*)errorInfo; 
 
– (
id) initWithURL:(NSURL*)aURL username:(NSString*)aUsername andPassword:(NSString*)aPassword; 
 
– (
void) setUsername:(NSString*)aUsername; 
– (
NSString*) username
– (
void) setPassword:(NSString*)aPassword; 
– (
NSString*) password
– (
void) setURL: (NSURL*)aURL
– (
NSURL*) URL
 
– (
NSArray*) getCategoryList
 
– (
int) newPost: (NSString*)aTitle withBody: (NSString*)aBody andDateTime:(NSDate*) aDateTime shouldPublish:(BOOL)flag; 
– (
BOOL) setCategories: (NSArray*)theCategories forPost: (int)aPostId
 
– (
NSString*) upload: (NSData*)data withName: (NSString*)name
 
@end 

First Post

This is my first post to my new blog.

I’ve been working on a simple blog client for my wife to use to post pictures of our daughter Molly to a private blog. Last time I’d checked there weren’t any nice blog clients that supported password protected blogs in a nice way. So I whipped up this little client. I’ve since found that some of the newer versions of the clients seem to support password protected blogs 😉

Ah well, it was a fun exercise making a blog client using Cocoa and the WordPress XML-RPC interface. I’ve had a couple of interesting problems with pictures displaying differently under Tiger to the way they look under Panther, but I think I’ve figured that out now 🙂 It seems that NSTextView respects the DPI settings in an image under Tiger while under Panther it does not. I had to hack about a bit in NSTextView, NSTextAttachment and NSTextStorage to find a solution.